June 20, 2012

No More Million Dollar Bets For Charlie Sheen

Charlie Sheen's retirement plans may come as a shock to longtime fans, but the actor knows when to cash in his chips - and become more financially responsible.

"When I’m done with this business it’s just going to be about soccer games and amusement parks," Charlie Sheen told The New York Times of his plans to retire after his yet-to-debut series Anger Management concludes. "And when this ends, I’m done. This is my swan song."

If Charlie Sheen were a betting man he might be tempted to put a wager on the show's success -- but it turns out gambling is one bad habit the 46-year-old was able to easily give up for good.

"I don’t bet anymore. I’m a retired gambler," Charlie Sheen announced, carefully clarifying his position. "Not a recovering gambler. Big difference. I’ll still look at the lines. I’ll be like, yeah, that’s a blowout, that’s a 40-point blowout. Easy, right? I’ll watch the game. It’s 40-point blowout the other way, and I can just walk away."

The biggest bet Charlie Sheen ever made? "Million dollars. Pacquiao," the actor admitted. "It was a wrong-way spread and I had a dream a week before that he was going to beat De La Hoya like a drum, and he did. Second round, the punch score was like 300 to 2. And it was like, pfffft, whatever. I felt nothing. And I went, O.K., there’s nothing left for me here. Unless my children are involved in the wager, no sense in making it, you know?"

Of his other well-known vices, Charlie Sheen isn't saying he's promised to stay completely clean and sober -- in fact, the one thing he's completely given up in that realm is Alcoholics Anonymous.

"I don’t know what clean is," he shared. "I’m not a member of A.A. anymore. I’m not a member of any of those groups. I think they’re all rooted in stuff that doesn’t really apply. It’s not for everyone. A.A. is a place that some pass through and others wind up, sorry."

"It was written by a drunk who was a plagiarist and took acid and [had sex with] everybody’s wife," Charlie Sheen continued, as always, not holding back in the least. "It’s true, dude, sorry. I gave them 22 years, man, and I got tired of some loser in a convertible van telling me how to live my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment